Tuesday, April 29, 2008

not enough time

I didn't realize how long it has been since I have posted anything on this Blog but I have been very busy on other projects. If I can take some sage words from the "musings of an intrepid commuter" a BLOG IS A HUNGRY THING. You always have to keep your mind open for new topics. I am always on the lookout for new things to report and during the past month suddenly I have discovered YouTube, so all of my attention has been devoted to; learning how to work all those multimedia programs, slide shows, video editing which usually results in posting up on YouTube. I have been gathering more images from my weekend adventures and hopefully will find the time to post some interesting articles soon. While my videos are usually only around 5 minutes long, I recently spent 5 hours working on one of them.
Darn those hit counters. I know nothing about programing, web design or programming but I thought that it would be nice to have some readership statistics and be able to somehow track how many vistors I would have come to my site. During the time my Youtube videos got posted, I was getting more 'hits' on YouTube than here, so that is where I have been spending most of my time. I feel so honoured that viewers would click on my videos. Of course that is human nature to devote more time to where your audience is. That is . . . until I was identified with "3rd Party Content" . WOW, I was very worried at first, and YouTube also sent me an official looking email. So my research was on to find out what all of this meant, what reprocussions (if any), and what would happen. I have now spent nearly a week googling everything in sight to find the answers and since these videos are produced without any monetary goal, then they appear to be endured by the major music companies. As a matter of fact; EMI and Warner Music have already signed "deals" with YouTube to Identify 3rd party content (a soft word for "copyright infringement")and if I read correctly, they will Allow use of "their" music in these videos in return for a share of advertising money based upon number of views. UMG, United Music Group has not yet entered into any deal with YouTube, but in my case they have authorized the use of "their" music on one of my videos (for a share of advertising money) which I think is going to be paid by YouTube under some sort of advertising sharing arrangement.
Anyway, back on topic. I have been spreading myself thin working in different areas and none is getting the attention it should. Every day the temperatures are getting higher and I can almost feel that spring has arrived. That means getting back into the 2 wheel mode. That's not to say that I only ride (my Bike or Scooter) in fair weather, contrare mon ami, I ride all year but not when there is ice or snow, or fog or heavy rain (cars can't see your tiny tail light). It's just that I am getting tired of the rain and would just like it to stop for a while.
Sorry, just some ramblings to let you know what I have been up to. and to keep you hanging on . . .

DSC_1778

what does this mean ? you'll have to stay tuned for next time

thanks for listening, bob

No comments:

Post a Comment